For those who would like to graciously support the work of City Edge, either for regular giving, or a one off gift, we have the following options:
1) You can do this during our Sunday morning collection
2) You can download and use the free tithe.ly app for Android or iOS.
Give anywhere, any amount, anytime using this free app. Takes only minutes to set up. When you have downloaded it, search for City Edge Church Surrey Hills to find us.
3) You can use the button below for quick and easy online donations of any amount
4) Or you can use the following Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) details, for your regular giving or one off gifts.
Account Name: City Edge Church
Bank/Branch: Commonwealth Bank, Burwood East
Account Name: City Edge Building Account
Bank/Branch: Commonwealth Bank, Glen Waverley
As a church we believe that our giving should reflect the principles of the New Testament. That is it should be grace filled, sacrificial, regular, purposed in our hearts, generous and a joy.
(1 Corinthians 16:1-4 & 2 Corinthians 8 & 9)
We can become so focused on the amount only, but Jesus is just as interested in our motives as well as the amount – as often the amount given in relation to our income can bring to light our own attitudes. This is evidenced when he compared the Pharisees who gave large sums from their abundance (i.e. didn’t really cost them much) while a poor widow gave everything she had to live on. Her attitude and the amount both equaled 100% while for the Pharisees it equaled something far less.
From the New Testament we also find that this giving is to be used to:
- Support workers that God has called to serve the local church
- To help those in genuine need, both within the local church, the community and the world
- Apostolic work that involves the planting of churches and the encouragement of existing churches both here and abroad
Matthew 10:8 (NIV)
Freely you have received, freely give.
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (ESV)
The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.