We decided that our first post to the City Edge Blog should be a big thank you to the many people who helped us make the transition from being a part of a successful church to stepping out and planting a church from scratch.
While there are many people that have had a direct influence on the new church there are also many who have prayed individually and as churches and we are truly thankful to all of you.
In particular we would like to thank:
– Russ & Mary Doty and the Pastoral team at Life to the Nations for years of “iron sharpening iron” and a great send off
– Life to the Nations church itself under the new leadership of Matt & Elodie Doty for their ongoing prayer and practical support.
– Leon & Pat Van Daele for putting on an excellent Church Planters course in August 2007 and for their constant prayer
– Tom & Una Tapping for their friendship, and encouragement leading up to and during the time of planting.
– Tom & Sandra Sumner and New Generation City Church for practical gifts and listening ears
– Those anonymous people who have sowed finances into the new church without receiving any earthly recognition
– City Edge Church pioneer families and individuals who have made our beginning as a church a real pleasure.
Our sincerest thanks
Tony, Rhonda & Alex
(Buddy the dog & Jaffa the cat)